BRAWFED (Bodoland Regional Apex Weavers & Artisans Cooperative Federation Ltd.) was formed towards the end of year 2008, which terms to be the beginning of 'A GENERATION' for the weavers & artisans and also the next generation Bodo people working in the field of weaving and craftsmanship under BTC (Bodoland Territorial Council) Assam ,situated in the North Eastern region of India. The Bodo community of north east region has an age old traditional cultural background , particularly in weaving and making of handicraft products , whose very existence has been able to create fascinating product lines according to tastes & skills being improvised along with the changing times by the weavers & artisans.
BRAWFED acts as a catalyst and path finder for the all round development of the handloom & handicrafts sector under BTC (Bodoland Territorial Council) by providing government aided schemes, technical knowhow, market promotion activities, product development activities, training sessions etc for the various individuals ,weavers, artisans, craftsmen, societies, self-help groups, NGOs, Companies etc in the field of handlooms & handicrafts sector under expert guidance and a very impressive export oriented market development programme.
BRAWFED has opened Emporiums - ARONAI in North East and other parts of India with a view of linking over 1000s of craft based rural producers to modern urban markets, thereby creating a base for skilled, sustainable rural employment, and preserving North East India's traditional handicrafts in the process. BRAWFED's products are traditional and craft based yet exclusive with contemporary touch and reasonably priced.
- To sustain and create avenues of employment in Handloom and Handicrafts Sector in BTC area
- To improve the socio-economic status of Handloom weavers and handicrafts artisans of the BTC
- To improve production, productivity, quality and cost competitiveness of handloom and handicraft products
- To improve the market potentiality of handloom and handicrafts of BTC and compete with confidence for an increasing share of the global market
- Focus on weavers and artisans of BTC
- Area based promotion on handloom, handicrafts etc. at BTC
- Result oriented Infrastructural Development at BTC
- Facilitate handloom weavers & Handicraft artisans to meet the challenges of a globalised environment